What is carburetor?
- The carburetor is the heart of ICE .
- It is a device that mixes air and fuel for gasoline engine in the proper air–fuel ratio for combustion.
Working– TPS in BS carburetor to achieve:
1) smooth throttle response
2) Optimised fuel economy better fuel of power
- It atomise the fuel and mix the fuel mix in form of the spray.
- The Regulated mixture of air and fuel is send to cylinder for optimum burning.
- The carburetor uses the principal of sprayer
- When the piston pushed inside, the velocity of air get increases and pressure get decreases at the outlet of reservoir .
- The liquid in reservoir is at higher atmospheric pressure .This pressure difference results in the rising the liquid
- The spray is used in the air passage for air flow from air filter to engine .
- The constriction at the centre of venturie .
- The top of the constristion is at low pressure this causes the fuel to rise and it emerges from the top.
- The fuel mixes with the top and the air fuel mixture is then send to engine
- As the throttle open speed increase
According to the speed at which the vehicle is running the carburetor uses the appropriate circuit for the delivery of fuel .
1) Piston type throttle valve carburetor
- In piston type throttle valve carburetor, piston valve controls the venturie size, which is directly operated by throttle cable.
2) Butterfly slide type throttle valve carburetor.
- Butterfly valve is located after piston valve and shown by throttle cable.
- When butterfly valve is open the velocity of gas in passage increases due to the suction of engine and pressure drops at venturie area .
- when the pressure drops in venturie the pressure in above chamber of the diaphragm also drop due to the hole provided in the Piston valve.
- Because of pressure difference between upper chamber and lower chamber , the Piston and jet needle get lifted up and align .
- It is clear that the lifting of piston is controlled by the opening of butterfly slide valve