ANTI SOLAR PANEL
why we need anti solar panel?
- One of the problems with solar panels is that they don’t generate electricity at night
- so we have to store the electricity they generate during the day to power things during the evening.
- But what if we could develop solar panels that did generate electricity at night?
- It is possible by anti solar panel.
what is anti solar panel?
- Anti solar panel is a panel that works in dark.
- To create a solar panel that generates electricity at night
- Then you just have to create the exact opposite of solar panels work during the day.
- It can be refer as“anti-solar panel.“
How does it works?
- There are different sorts of solar panels.
- The one most typically used may be a type that generates electricity from the sun through a physical process called the photo-voltaic (PV) effect i.e ,when light exposure on certain materials generates an electrical current.
- Another type is to generates electricity from heat through thermal processes.
- The sun is hotter and Earth is cooler, and therefore the difference in temperature are often converted into usable energy.
- That second quite solar battery is that the one that inspired a team of researchers at Stanford University in Palo Alto , California to develop a replacement system which can harness energy darkly .
- An inverse version of the solar battery also supports the concept of using heat to urge energy
- While the solar battery uses the heat difference between the sun and Earth with the planet being the cooler side .
i.e, system makes use of the heat difference between the coolness of the night atmosphere.
- thus the planet with the world being the hotter side.
- The amount of power coming in, from the Sun . Approximately equal amount of power going out from the planet as thermal radiation,
- so on stay the planet at a roughly constant temperature.
- the number of power available for harvesting is extremely large.
- this device has the potential to bridge the gap left by solar energy , collecting energy from the night sky.
- The thermoelectric generator–based device harnesses the variance in temperature between Earth and space.
- By using “a passive cooling mechanism mentioned as radiative sky cooling to require care of the cold side of a thermoelectric generator several degrees below ambient.”
- the encircling air heats the great and comfy side of the thermoelectric generator, with the subsequent temperature difference converted into usable electricity.
- We highlight pathways to improving performance from a demonstrated 25 mW/m2 to 0.5 W/m2.
- Finally, we demonstrate that even with the low-cost implementation demonstration here, enough power is produced to light a LED: generating light from darkness.
- if we can devise a system that can generate clean energy 24 hours a day, we could possibly produce more energy than we need and store it for various purposes, such as an emergency.
- It’s better to have too much energy than to come up short
- The researchers have only tested their system with a very small prototype.
- The device was a 20-centimeter (8-inch) aluminum disk painted black and attached to commercial thermoelectricity generators.
- It successfully created enough energy to power one small LED lightbulb–a small success with immeasurably massive potential.
- It’s even possible that the device could act in reverse during the daytime, absorbing sunlight and producing electricity from a heat travelling from the sun to the disk and into the surface environment.
This generator could produce power at nighttime or low-resource areas that lack electricity within the dark when solar panels don’t work.
- For now, this device doesn’t compared to the energy harvesting abilities of a solar battery.
- But the technology remains only within the research and development stage.
- The researchers have already planned to improve .
- By enhancing the insulation around the top plate that might raise the energy of device to produce 0.5 watts per square meter or more.
ALSO CHECK: WIND TURBINE